Systems Software Engineer, Home Platform
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The team is looking for a skilled and motivated engineer that wants to be part of a team that will drive the development of all new Home and Audio products. The ideal candidate would be a skilled SW generalist with a great investigative attitude and strong sense of curiosity. Previous experience in working on large scale projects is a great plus as well as having a full understanding of the overall system. In addition experience on product lifecycle from conception through shipping. Specifically, his/her responsibilities will span from writing and debugging SW specific to a product (communication services, drivers, UI etc) and efficiently integrate general platform services provided by other teams.
- You will have more than 7+ years hands on experience on integration of medium/large projects based on a full OS: Linux, Android, BSD.
- You will be proficient in C and C++ with both kernel and user space programming.
- Strong experience in debugging complex systems is important.
- Experience in large scale production support is a plus.
- Ability to easily and quickly move between different areas is a big plus.
- Experience working on cross functional projects between Engineering, QA, operations would be a huge plus.
- May require some travel to china for factory support.
This is a highly technical role. The responsibility of the Product Development and Integration team is to maintain a number of product specific services such as UI, Power management tuning, product specific system control and management. This team will work with QA to analyze global failures and as act as first responders as well as be responsible for the software running on the product
Education & Experience
BS/CS/EE/CE or relevant work experience.