Health Sensing Data Scientist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
"I believe, if you zoom out into the future, and you look back, and you ask the question, 'What was Apple’s greatest contribution to mankind?' It will be about health.” – Tim Cook, 2019 Do your life's best work and come be a part of a talented engineering team crafting next-generation health features to improve the lives of millions of people. Apple's Human Interface Devices team is looking for a Data Scientist with extensive knowledge of statistical modeling, pattern recognition, and machine learning along with strong programming skills. You will explore and develop new ML mythologies to extract meaningful insights from health data.
- 4+ years of experience in machine learning algorithm development on real-world problems
- Strong fundamentals in statistical problem solving, algorithm design, and model development
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; ability to distill complex analysis and concepts into concise takeaways
- Strong programming skills in Python or C++
- Experience with one or more machine learning libraries such as TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch.
- Experience working on real-world data science/ML problems in health or physiology domain is a plus
You will be responsible for implementing cutting-edge statistical and machine learning methodologies to extract meaningful health insights from portable and wearable sensors. This is a key position that is a focal point supporting next generation health features for millions of Apple customers. You will be responsible for developing and tuning ML algorithms utilizing extensive real-world data sets, as well as failure analysis and performance optimization. End-to-end project ownership is expected, from initial problem formulation through data pipeline development, algorithm architecture design, and end-user performance modeling.
Education & Experience
PhD in BME/CS/CE/EECS/Math/Physics or equivalent experience We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.