Finance Coordinator, Marketing Operations
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they create the kind of wonder that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. We're growing and invite you to explore the possibility of being part of our team. We believe the role would place you in a highly-energized environment with some of the most hardworking creative individuals in the industry, where you would be inspired to share your experience along with providing extraordinary support while having fun together as a team. Working with marketing managers worldwide to help people discover Apple services including music, movies, books, podcasts, news and more, the marketing operations group assists the team in monitoring the quarterly budgets, planned spending and the results of those efforts. We are seeking a Marketing Operations Specialist to track the US team’s budgets and spending using internal tools and processes while collaborating with other areas for reporting needs. We need a colleague who is resourceful, creative and solution oriented as we get regular requests for data analysis that this role will help define and answer.
- You have at least 2-4 years of experience in a finance supporting role to understand financial processes.
- You are intrigued by getting assigned to design new reporting, for example accessing the sources for subscription results and then tie them to the associated spend.
- Your excellent spreadsheet skills allow you to complete all daily duties, you are able to learn new software quickly.
- You have an eye for details, and ability to create succinct, well thought out Keynote presentations.
- Your strong interpersonal skills are necessary to discover the source of problems and communicate the solution both clearly and briefly.
- Your ability to train others to interact and help them use the forecasting database will be key.
- You are experienced with using SAP and FileMaker software.
- A do-er and self starter who works well in a face-paced, dynamic, team environment.
- You are highly responsive and adaptable.
Using excellent organization, communication and computer skills, this role is key to training new groups to use the Forecasting software plus monitoring data integrity of the database. This role will initiate Purchase Orders (POs), process invoices and maintain the budget database as needed. Understanding our software will assist you in problem solving to address issues as they arise. Additional responsibilities are analyzing data, generating reports and other marketing organization support requirements for the team. You will process accurate information quickly, and be ready to organize data as needed. Specifically this includes: - Opening and tracking POs - Setting up new vendors - Processing invoices for payment - In this role you will run the accruals for quarter close - Importing data into budget database - You will generate reports for the Marketing team and ad hoc analyses of data depending on requests to our team - Other operations related tasks as assigned.
Education & Experience
- BS/BA degree in Finance, Communications or equivalent