Cloud Services Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Build server infrastructure which powers Apple Cloud Platform developer tools. Design and implement thoughtful and concise private and public REST APIs using the OpenAPI Specification. Design public client libraries for internal and external consumers.
- Senior level Java engineer, 7 years minimum professional experience.
- Experience with Java 11 JDK including concurrent, streaming, asynchronous programming APIs.
- Experience and knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery concepts and tools.
- A Quality-of-Code mindset.
- Experience with Netty, Jetty frameworks.
- Dependency Management with Gradle, Maven.
- Multi-threaded applications.
- Swift, Objective C, C++ experience helpful.
- Serverless/FAAS experience helpful.
- Strong opinions loosely held.
- Experience with relational and non-relational data stores and concepts.
Developer Tools is a small, newly formed team in the iCloud Group focused on building developer experiences to improve the efficiency of both internal and external teams. In addition to helping developers focus on their application work, we are also introducing technologies which better position developers to take advantage of the Apple Ecosystem, both now and in the future. In this role, you would be responsible for helping build out server-side applications and infrastructure to help manage developer workflows. The tooling can help connect different systems—both internal to Apple and external—to build a great developer workflow.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree Computer Science or equivalent