Corporate Events Visual Systems Lead
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. You bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple's worldwide corporate events team informs the world about the Company, our innovative products and services, and the values that drive our company. The team includes professionals with backgrounds in public relations strategy, journalism, buzz marketing and event production. We’re looking for trailblazing, collaborative professionals from a variety of creative fields. If that’s you, then your next home may be here. Come and do the best and most exciting work of your career at Apple.
- Lead visual systems research and development initiatives including camera tracking projects, screen technology innovations, and ultra-high resolution infrastructure testing.
- Lead installation, maintenance, and storage of all audience-facing display hardware including LED tiles, projectors, and projection screens.
- Collect and archive all aspects of drafting and renderings of visual systems from subject-matter authorities and partners.
- Draft Visual Systems Team presentation decks.
- Supporting the project management needs of events.
- Work closely with Apple Finance on budgets, PO’s, communicating to relevant parties and departments.
- Standardizing tools and template for video and broadcast processes for events.
- Creating and maintaining documentation of SJT standard methodologies, training and metrics.
- Support quality control efforts of visual content during Apple events.
- Ensure duplication and resilience of all visual systems and supporting technology.
- Cultivate and develop vendor/contractor relationships to ensure best available talent and pricing.
- Represent Visual Systems Team on occasional location scouting trips and at international display conferences.
- Coordinate an annual event technology summit with select external partners and key players outside the Events Team.
- Collaborate as a team to provide support for lighting design and execution at events as directed by Event Lighting Director.
- Arrange shipping of display hardware and associated theatrical elements.
- Build keynote and video-asset traffic between external partners and event operators.
15-20 years experience in live event production BFA in Theatrical or Broadcast Production or equivalent Deep experience with LED rental and installation products Leadership of event production teams of 15-50 people (project based) Proven expertise at 6-12 month duration project management Knowledge of theatrical rigging and automation technologies Understanding of theatrical power requirements Dedication to redundancy and fail-safe systems 10+ years experience at drafting line diagrams for theatrical and broadcast installations Experience with asset management standard methodologies and nomenclature Basic knowledge of file systems and networking such that candidate can easily move large files across remote servers using various protocols and credentialing methods Proficient in Apple productivity tools, particularly Keynote and Numbers Familiarity with structured triage procedures Comfortable working under ambiguous circumstances with fast-evolving priorities and multiple executive partners
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in related field from an accredited institution with field experience.