Senior Solutions Architect - Apple Cloud Infrastructure
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Be ready to make something extraordinary when you come at Apple. Dynamic, encouraging people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. You should join the Apple Cloud Infrastructure Engineering team if you want to help deliver the next amazing Apple product.
- 5+ years of experience in infrastructure (IaaS or PaaS) solutions architecture or engineering.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with Public cloud deployments.
- 3+ years of previous experience as software engineer, devops or sysadmin.
- Experience in large scale infrastructure design and deployment projects.
- Ability to lead discussions around complex solution design tradeoffs and drive conflict resolution in collaboration with subject matter experts.
- Solid understanding of the challenges that face developers deploying large applications on cloud infrastructure.
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills to lead productive and collaborative meetings.
- Excellent written and visual communications skills to produce concise and clear written solution design documents and solution presentations to stakeholders of varying seniority levels.
Lead cloud infrastructure solutions design to support Apple services (iCloud, iTunes, Maps and many others) in deploying on Private and Public clouds. Design reference architecture models based on private and public cloud services, aligned with cloud governance framework Constantly improve cloud governance framework including cost allocation, efficiency, security compliance Collaborate with engineering, security and program management peers both and customer teams to deliver projects that meet time-to-market needs. Advocate to customers on existing services technologies and use cases to maximize utilization Serve as voice-of-the-customer for Apple internal groups (customers). Work closely with product management to ensure customer roadmap needs are prioritized and delivered. Leverage IaaS deployment best practices and advise different stakeholders on the optimal design choices to reconcile time-to-market and technology constraints. Work closely with support and SRE teams to ensure proper operational support.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree or higher field, such as computer science, engineering, mathematics, finance or business.