Instructional Designer - AppleCare Business Development
Austin, Texas, United States
Support and Service
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Are you enthusiastic about workplace learning and training development? Do you have experience selling and do you understand the unique requirements of developing sales training? Can you quickly and effectively identify learning needs and create instructional - sound training materials to meet those needs? The AppleCare Business Development Sales Training Instructional Designer works with business partners to identify training needs and create instructor-led, computer-based, and virtual training solutions. You will challenge the learners’ understanding through relevant activities, author measurable learning objectives, and develop materials that promote transfer, retention, and application for selling AppleCare products and programs. As a successful designer, you will work under tight deadlines with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where quality, creativity, and accountability are tradition.
- Minimum 2 years of instructional systems design experience on projects involving adult learning audiences.
- Training development experience involving adult learners.
- Customer service exposure and prior sales experience a plus.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills and proficiency writing instructional content.
- Shown ability to create content for a global audience.
- Experience analyzing, building, and assessing curricula for leader-led or virtual training environments.
- Fluency with instructional systems design models and methodologies, authoring tools, and learning management systems integration.
- Experience as a solo or lead content developer on Instructional Systems Design projects related to adult learners.
- Confirmed effectiveness with global and virtual teams.
- Experience creating learning content for multicultural adult audiences.
- Experience with project management and time management tools and methodologies.
- Validated proficiency with Apple operating systems.
- Proficiency with word processor and presentation software applications including Pages and Keynote.
- Project management experience.
- Final Cut video authoring experience a plus.
Design, create, and evaluate training for Apple Support Advisors in various queues. Work with partners to conduct training needs analyses. Design course learning objectives following Bloom’s Taxonomy. Build experiential activities appropriate for targeted learners. Work closely with subject matter experts to craft, revise, and maintain training and other sales enablement assets. Develop assessments to validate effectiveness of training assets. Design, develop, and maintain self-paced, virtual classroom, and classroom training content using traditional instructional design and rapid development strategies. Promote and participate in intra- and inter-team innovation, technology integration, process improvement, and collaboration.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in related field or equivalent experience