Senior Engineering Program Manager - Cloud Services (ACS) / SRE
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple is seeking an experienced program manager to join the Cloud Services (ACS) organization. This exciting organization is focused on providing services across Apple and possibly beyond! Our SRE team is looking for a dynamic EPM to help build and run services that millions of customers use every day. We are looking for star performers to drive projects that impact the ACS CloudKit customer experience. You’ll be partnered with a team whose mission it is to build, maintain and improve Apple’s most critical cloud services. We’re looking for hardworking, passionate people to join our amazing team where we focus on extraordinary service availability, scalability and security while defining standards, implementing standard methodologies and improving operational efficiency. If you love non-routine work that requires social intelligence, complex critical thinking and creative problem solving, we’d love to hear from you! ABOUT THE ROLE: Autonomously lead projects of varying scale and complexity with cross-functional development teams with only consultative direction from leadership. You will review business requirements, ensure transparency and establish expectations for services requested while developing and executing project plans, defining scope, schedule, deliverables, resources and budgets. You will prioritize team activities and drive resolution of issues across all areas of the project while communicating project status and issues to team members, leadership and other project partners. You will facilitate focused concise status meetings. You will advise and carry out risk assessment and mitigation plans as needed. Execution is critical so you will coordinate releases and schedules with cross-functional organizations and teams while continuously working to improve the software development lifecycle process within the team. You will represent the engineering teams with other internal and external organizations within Apple. You will lead efforts that produce results and increase the reliability and efficiency for all services performed by ACS. Aligned with a partner SRE manager while working closely with software development to understand technical requirements and infrastructure and financial teams to ensure adequate compute, storage & network capacity for new and existing features. Implement agile process to enable efficiencies across organizations for problem tracking, and SRE backlog.
- 5+ years of project and/or program management experience
- Experience as member of technical team responsible for production operability within a client/server internet application environment or end-to-end lifecycles for IT programs in large scale global datacenter environments.
- Proven record in defining processes and executing on them
- Experience as a project lead, supporting multiple projects simultaneously
- Shown ability to meet deadlines and schedule constraints
- Outstanding presentation skills both in person and in multi-location meetings
- Familiarity or exposure to setting up and running agile process frameworks with scrum processes a plus
- Understanding of standard networking protocols and components such as: HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP, ICMP, the OSI Model and load balancing.
- Experience with mobile or web applications specifically with availability, scalability, latency and supportability in mind.
ABOUT YOU: You are an ambitious individual who is proactive and able to work under minimal supervision at a detailed levels while taking account of interdependencies at higher levels. Can you coordinate multiple projects across multiple locations? We need someone with excellent written and interpersonal skills who pays attention to the details and is highly organized. You have experience running a complex set of software deliverables with many interdependencies and have a successful track record being a phenomenal partner within teams and across organizations in engineering, design, and leadership. You have excellent communication, organization and leadership skills as this is relevant in our complex environment. Are you ready!
Education & Experience
BS Degree in computer science or a related field