Lab Site Reliability Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Program Engineering Productivity & Quality (EPQ) Device Services team is seeking a results driven and meticulously organized lab engineer to manage a fleet of thousands of Apple devices used in a centralized, automated test system which is a critical tool used by engineers developing for iOS, watchOS, tvOS, and macOS. This position will provide the opportunity to work with the latest Apple hardware and software and be part of a rapidly growing organization. In this position, you will be responsible for supporting lab automation used by Software Engineering testing code changes to components. The ideal candidate will be a motivated and service oriented individual, who loves working on infrastructure. They must enjoy working on multiple concurrent projects in a fast-paced environment that fosters growth, teamwork and innovation.
- 2+ years experience administrating software services in Unix environment and automated provisioning of systems.
- Experience with shell scripting or Python
- Knowledge of Salt, Puppet, Ansible or other configuration management tools
- Experience with using/administrating macOS, iOS
- Familiarity with Git or other source control systems
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Proven ability to plan and communicate priorities to management Excellent communication and organizational skills
Maintaining a fleet of hundreds of iOS/macOS devices and peripherals across multiple labs Ensure devices and systems are up and available for testing PROVISIONING AND DEPLOYMENT OF RELEASED/UNRELEASED HARDWARE Debugging and trouble shooting device hardware/software failures Developing scripts and automation for managing machine configuration and software deployment Provide support to engineering in debugging systems. This position has a regularly scheduled on-call rotation.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in technical field, such as computer science or engineering
- Experience working in fast paced engineering environments
- Demonstrable skills in troubleshooting iOS/macOS
- Experience working with restful services