Austin, Texas, United States
The Product Realization Lab is looking for an entry level CNC set-up machinist who will be responsible for preparing materials, setting up and operating multiple CNC machines, spot checking finished components, all while maintaining quality and safety standards
- 1+ years of experience setting up and operating computer numerical controlled machines
- Proficient with calipers, micrometers, surface plate inspection practices
- Experience using horizontal and vertical saws, manual mills and lathes.
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerances
- Self-motivated and a self starter
- Excellent troubleshooting and interpersonal skills
- Experience with close tolerances
- Prepare material for machining using manual and CNC machines - Accurately follow operational and routine maintenance instructions - Assemble fixtures, tool holders and cutting tools to facilitate machining operations - Work closely with other team members to ensure the highest quality product - Effectively communicate status of projects on a regular basis. - You will have the opportunity to work independently, and as part of a larger team. - Have the ability to quickly learn about new processes with very little information or support. - Maintain a safe and clean workspace.
Education & Experience
High school diploma or applicable experience.