Siri - Software Development Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Are you looking for a great opportunity to work with a deeply technical team supporting the most exciting virtual assistant in the world? Join us and help solve complex problems with a direct impact on the success of the company! Siri Core Services and Infrastructure is looking for a highly motivated, ambitious, and experienced full stack or backend developer with background in building scalable backend services and data processing tools. You’ll enjoy writing software to measure and improve the high quality of Siri's natural language and machine learning systems. You will work closely with NL and ML teams as we design large-scale execution systems and new evaluation metrics, and help craft the end-to-end pipelines that powers Apple's intelligent assistant.
- 4+ years of experience.
- Strong programming and software engineering skills.
- Experience designing and implementing large-scale data- and compute-intensive pipelines and/or tools.
- Proficiency in Python, Java, and REST backend services.
- Experience with web frameworks (e.g., Spring) and SQL data stores (e.g., PostgreSQL).
- Experience in deep learning and related toolkits (e.g. Tensorflow, PyTorch) is a plus.
- Experience with HDFS, Solr, and AWS is a plus.
Design and implement tools, scripts, and pipelines focused on the evaluation of natural language algorithms and machine learning models and their impact on the full end-to-end Siri assistant system. Work directly with the NL and ML teams that comprise the different stages of Siri understanding and execution. Build metrics-intensive systems that have quantifiable impact on the Siri user experience. We are an equal opportunity team with many opportunities for growth and experience.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience required. Masters Degree desired.