NFC Framework QA Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Join our Wireless Technologies and Ecosystems (WTE) organization and drive innovation that matters! We build and seamlessly integrate technologies that enrich people’s lives and deliver the best user-experience. The WTE Quality team is looking for motivated, highly technical Wireless QA Engineer with excellent problem solving, communication and coding skills. You will join the Quality Assurance team responsible for the functional validation of the NFC iOS Framework responsible for all modern day use cases demonstrating Near Field Communication. Are you deeply accountable for your work? Your real passion for product ownership and track record of product development will prove critical to your success on our team.
- Experience using scripting to automate embedded devices
- Experience in Python
- Experience working with C/C++/Objective C Frameworks and API
- Prior experience in quality assurance of embedded systems.
- Experience handling an automated fleet of machines and devices
- Validated ability in writing automated tests
- Firm understanding of Git and the Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience with SQA methodologies and filing detailed bug reports
- In-depth understanding of OS X, Windows and/or Unix
- Experience leveraging multi-functional teams and tools
- Experience working on new products and seeing them through to fruition
- Prior experience in wireless technologies such as Bluetooth/WiFi/NFC/Cellular.
- Knowledge of JavaCard and Global Platform is a plus.
You will join a diverse team responsible for qualifying NFC Use Cases on Apple's innovative devices. As a part of this team, you will be responsible for automating Interoperability testing for NFC Use cases on Apple devices, reporting test results and filing quality bug reports. You will also be engaged in driving terminal vendors for successful integration of terminals into the existing framework. The ideal engineer for this role is comfortable working in a dynamic and creative team charged with exploring an uncharted and rapidly evolving domain. You will take an active role in shaping the quality of innovative applications using emerging new technologies. You will be deeply integrated with our development engineers, developing test plans, automating unit tests, and supporting design reviews. **This position can be located in both Cupertino, CA and San Diego, CA
Education & Experience
Bachelors or higher degree in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering
- You should possess the ability to quickly grasp & distill highly complex matters into clean, understandable solutions, delivering clearly documented test plans. The applicant will be an effective diplomat with strong communication & organizational skills. To succeed here, you'll need above all to be passionate about shipping a NFC experience that is the best of its kind.