Senior Software Engineer, Apple Retail
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Help build the future of Retail. Here, at Apple, you will have the opportunity of a lifetime to innovate and improve the employee and customer experience in the Apple Retail stores. We are looking for extra ordinary DevOPS engineer to enhance POS (point-of-sale) Platform of Apple Retail. As a DevOPS Engineer, you will be responsible to build next generation cloud native platform that empowers Apple Retail’s POS (point-of-sale) services . Our scale and security demands build unique opportunities for innovative and creative solutions which contribute to best retail experience on this planet.
- 4+ years of experience in software development in *nix environment.
- Experience orchestrating workloads across various systems such as Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, GCP. Automation experience with at-least one configuration management system such as Ansible, Puppet, AWS Cloud Formation, Terraform, Chef, Salt.
- Strong fundamentals in large-scale distributed systems such as Zookeeper, Consul, Kafka, Cassandra, Hazelcast, Solr.
- Experience working in at-least one of the languages - Go, Python or Java.
- Experience with Telemetry tools such as Promethus, Nagios, DataDog, NewRelic, Sensu etc.
- Pride in your work with strong attitude towards continuous delivery.
- See yourself working in a fast paced environment.
POS’s Platform team is looking for DevOps Engineer to build cloud native platform to host next generation of Apple’s own Point of Sale solution. In this role, you will be : - Designing and building continuous delivery pipelines using both open-source and in-house tools & technologies. - Provide technical guidance, solving expertise, and architectural insight to development, quality, and site reliability teams. - Evangelize next generation cloud and DevOps products and processes, experiment with their implementation and bring them to fruition. - Strong partnership with various engineering teams of platform-dev, services-dev, QA & SRE teams distributed globally.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.