Maiden, North Carolina, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Our Systems Administrator serves as the central point for monitoring, event management, and coordination of resolution efforts for our Global Infrastructure Operations group, you will be responsible for supporting Appleʼs Global Compute Infrastructure, improving uptime for services such as Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Music, Apple TV, Apple Maps, Apple News, FaceTime, Siri and more. You will work with teams to investigate, identify, and implement solutions in a team oriented and challenging environment. We are looking for a highly motivated and collaborative System Administrator who has the skills and experience to support Apple's global infrastructure.
- 3+ years experience in Linux & UNIX system administration in medium to large environment
- Knowledge of current Linux platform (RHEL)
- Coordination of maintenance and event resolution efforts between customers and vendors in an enterprise environment
- Proactive incident management and ticket creation based on event log and performance indicators
- Ability to work under stress and balance difficult situations
- Self-starter, motivated to learn in a dynamic environment and comfortable working as part of a team
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- You are available to work any shift (day, swing or night), including weekends
- Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Will you join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist?
As a Systems Administrator you are responsible for using independent judgment and discretion to interact with teams to investigate, identify and craft solutions minimize the impact and duration of system degradations. You are encouraged to have proven knowledge of network support, server support, and a strong conceptual understanding of the relationships between various hardware and software components typically found in data center.
Education & Experience
Technical BS degree or equivalent work experience LPIC and/or RHCSA CCNA
- Operating systems (Linux/AIX/OSX/WIN)
- Network Systems (Cisco, Juniper)
- Ticketing Systems (ServiceNow,Seibel,Remedy)
- Network Monitoring and Performance Tools (BSM, HP OpenView, NNM)
- Chef or Puppet