Logistics Readiness Analyst
Austin, Texas, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
The Americas Logistics Readiness Analyst will support the continued growth of the business through a strategic focus on Logistics Readiness and the tasks required to deliver new products, product offerings, and promotions to our customers. In this role, you will be responsible for leading highly complex and cross-functional projects/programs, many of which have high-level visibility within Apple. Although defined as an Individual Contributor (IC) role, you are able to drive highly tactical project teams across all of the Americas Logistics. We are searching for someone who is self-motivated, has a real passion for leading change within process and/or project direction, and is comfortable doing so in projects with both short duration and high intensity. We are looking for a person who will be a career long high-achiever, and will likely come from a Logistics, Supply Chain, Order Management, or Sales Operations background where they have had exposure to the larger Operations organization. You will not be satisfied with the status quo, and will always be in search of a better way to do things in their role and within the organization that they influence.
- - Minimum 2-5 years direct Logistics experience
- - Project/Program management experience is desired
- - Exhibit extraordinary analytical and problem solving skills. Interacts expertly and effectively in a dynamic deadline driven work environment.
- - Strong verbal and written communication skills, where no communication leaves ambiguity for the recipient.
- - Excellent forward thinking capabilities. You should be able to see beyond the current state, identify risks/opportunities and drive project teams toward the desired program outcome.
- - Must demonstrate excellent leadership capabilities, and naturally be able to motivate a team of individual project contributors.
- - Proven Supply Chain experience and detailed knowledge from a tangible product consumer goods background.
- - Must demonstrate a working knowledge of and have a real passion for understanding business processes across all areas within a typical Operations organization including: Supply/Demand Management, Supply/Demand Execution, Readiness, Reseller Operations, Sales/Sales Operations, Logistics
- - Highly tactical in nature, approaches problems and projects systematically, and is energized by working in a fast paced and ever-changing environment.
- - Works effectively within a global business environment where engagement with global counterparts is required to standardize business practices and processes across regions
- - Highly adept at managing high volumes of information, figuring out is applicable to the project/program, and knowing exactly when to motivate change within the project team
- - Demonstrated background in continuous improvement and application in a program/project oriented role
- - Must possess advanced Excel skills
The Americas Logistics Readiness Analyst will drive and oversee new product introductions throughout the Americas region, with project scope focusing on the period between production ramp and product on-shelf. In this position, you will liaise with their regional counterparts and project teams, as well as their Worldwide counterparts, and will ensure precise execution to the Plan of Record (POR) that will be used to drive their project. In the development of the project POR, the Americas Logistics Readiness Analyst will learn the business processes of contributing teams across the operations organization, and will be expected to apply this knowledge to minimize risk and improve success within their respective projects.
Education & Experience
BA/BS, MBA a plus and/or PMP certification desired but not required