Senior Network Architect
Dallas, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple is looking for inspiring individuals to join the Global Infrastructure Strategy Team for Apple. You are motivated by influencing network technologies to enable memorable user experiences then we want to meet you. We are looking for an industry leader with vision to work with product and engineering teams in positioning our infrastructure to improve user experience of Apple Corporate and Retail communities. To align teams this position will define architectural principles, develop technical roadmaps and direction while communicating the goal to senior management and business partners to influence the technical direction of Apple’s infrastructure.
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years in the engineering and architecture in information technology
- CCIE, CCIE-Wireless, JNCIP-ENT, JNCIE-ENT Certifications a plus
- Expert working knowledge of:
- Deep understanding of Routing protocols EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, MP-BGP, VRF, Multicast, AnyCast, MPLS, DSCP/QoS
- Experience with switching platforms - Catalyst 6800, 6500, 4510, 3700, 3560, 2960, Nexus 7k, 5k, 3k, 2k, Juniper EX 9200, 4500, 4300. 3300, 2200)
- Knowledge of Wireless standards and protocols - WPA/WPA2, 802.1x, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/r/k, CAPWAP, RMM, WMM, X.509, CA Authority, MDM, AAA, Kerberos, Captive Portal, Guest Access, Posturing, Profiling, DACLs, PACLs
- Experience in AAA appliances - Cisco ISE, ACS, Juniper UAC, Open RADIUS, NAC, AAA, Single Sign On
- LDAP, non-SQL DB, Cassandra
- DNS/DHCP services
- Knowledge of Security Appliances and features- ASA, SRX, PAN FW, RBNA
- Knowledge and Experience in VPN Technologies and Deployments - IPSec, 3DES, AES, IKE, DMVPN, AnyConnect, Full Tunnel/Split Tunnel Client VPN Solutions, Site to Site VPN Solutions
- Knowledge of VXLAN/EVPN Overlays
- Python, Go, Perl Scripting experience a plus
- Cisco UCS-C and KVM experience a plus
- Knowledge and experience in Network Function and other Software Defined Technologies/Platforms - OVS/VNF (vRouters, vFirewalls), OVN, Open Flow, Cisco NCS, Versa
- Knowledge and/or Experience in Management and Orchestration Platforms - Blue Planet, Netcracker, NCS, Versa, Cloudify, OpenStack
- Knowledge or have experience in Cloud Services, Patterns and Provisioning in AWS, Azure and/or Google
- Demonstrate strong communication skills to align multi-functional teams and objectives and promote team outcomes.
- Apply group problem solving and design making techniques to build understanding and agreement among people to achieve shared outcomes.
- Work with internal clients and partners to understand business needs, offer advice and solutions and operating from a position of expertise balanced with a collaborative approach.
- Able to balance requirements from business, operations and industry trends to facilitate solutions that deliver ongoing capabilities
- Requires attention to detail, ability to meet multiple deadlines and adapt to changing priorities
- Requires excellent analytical, problem solving, organizational and time management skills.
As a Senior Network Architect you will be part of a team focused on enabling experiences for Apple employees and customers. Our team works across Apple to ensure network and IT services enable extraordinary experiences and are the foundation for future business capabilities. The position requires exploring new technologies and trends by interacting with industry leaders and companies in the field, provide solutions, roadmaps and frameworks to meet business needs and translate the vision to upper management and staff. The position will focus on architecting the next generation infrastructure for Apple’s Global 500+ Retail Stores, Enterprise/Campus (Apple Park, Infinite Loop, new Campus Builds) and Development properties. The scope of the role is broad, the depth of knowledge we need is deep, the experience and opportunity is once in a lifetime - Its time to make an impact. Establish roadmaps to focus teams on sequence of capabilities to deliver desired outcomes Maintain Network solutions roadmap and present on regular basis strategic vision for proposed future network technologies and improvements aligned to corporate strategy Develop design principles, roadmaps, models, plans, internal standards, budgets, and processes based on industry standard methodologies. Continually update understanding of business and technology status/objectives and respond to strategic design requests as the business evolves. Stay abreast of how technology infrastructure are currently impacting and driving the industry Translate business challenges into use cases and technical requirement Analyze business requirements to develop technical network solutions and frameworks Work with engineering groups and business owners to architect networks that effectively reflect business needs, service-level and availability requirements, and other technology parameters. Establish governing principles for wireless and enterprise network design and deployment. Participate in selection of networking technologies and products for implementation. Purposefully advise management on ongoing needs and issues related to network and security infrastructure; communicate industry trends, standard methodologies and opportunity for technology and process optimization
Education & Experience
A university level degree is required, preferably in a related field like computer science/electrical engineering, but may be relaxed with equivalent work experience and validated certifications. A BS degree in computer science or information management with 10+ years or MS degree with 5+ years experience, or equivalent is preferred.