RF Hardware Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We’re looking for RF Hardware Engineers to join the growing Instrument Engineering team at Apple! This small team of extraordinary engineers designs and produces precision RF and Analog Test Equipment for use in calibrating and testing the Cellular, WiFi/BT and NFC radios in millions of iPhones, iPads, Macs and Watches. All members of the team bring their own unique expertise to collectively take internal Apple products from concept to mass production. Each internal product is designed to Apple's exacting standards resulting in beautiful test equipment that maintains the quality, accuracy and function of commercially available offerings. You will already have an ambitious track record of success and innovation in at least one of the following disciplines: filter design, receiver architecture design, transmitter architecture design, synthesizer design, mmW structure optimization, EM simulation. By joining Apple’s Instrument Engineering team you will embark upon the best work of your career. Besides excelling in your field, get along with other groups within Apple, including Product Design, Baseband Hardware, Thermal, Reliability, Operations, and Signal Processing, to make a product worthy of the Apple brand is essential. If you’re ready for a challenge and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where your contributions are crucial then let us know.
- 5+ years experience with RF component and circuit integration into consumer or enterprise products.
- Your prior experience designing precision RF and Analog Test equipment hardware and designing radios with discrete mixers, LNAs, PAs, VGAs, PLLs is highly desirable.
- We are fluent in use of lab equipment such as spectrum analyzers, call box emulators, VNAs, VSA, VSGs such as CMW500, Ag8960, IQ2011, etc. Do you have experience characterizing and tuning a design for RF parametrics including: Noise Figure, IIP3, EVM, Residual Side Band, Phase Noise, Frequency offset?
- We see your experience tuning matching circuits as an essential skill as well as, your familiarity with Smith Chart. Are you experienced with board layout techniques to minimize desense and strong RF bench hand-on and debugging experience are also essential to your success?
- Experience with 3D EM simulators for optimizing mmW filters and transitions. Your proficiency in one or more wireless communications standards: WiFi, Bluetooth, GSM, UMTS, CDMA, LTE, will you to chip in to the work immediately.
- Your ability to use applicable CAD tools (circuit synthesis, simulation, analysis, schematic capture and layout) is a part of this role.
- You are an excellent communicator and able to interact closely with offshore engineering development and manufacturing partners.
- We see those with a previous history of successfully delivering highly innovative communications products; You should be well organized and have the ability to be flexible in a changing work environment.
We design and optimize precision test equipment used by RF automation systems to test Apple’s newest products including iPhone, iPad, Mac and others for different wireless technologies. We do the following in this role: schematic capture, prototype bring-up and debugging, hardware bug tracking, functional verification, and manufacturing support. You should have experience with high volume, low power, mobile products. We work with technology suppliers, vendors, and cross-functional staff. You will require some planned international travel.
Education & Experience
BSEE required, MSEE preferred