Software Engineer - Instrument Engineering
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We strive to optimize the quality of Apple’s newest products through use of automation, analysis and robotics! We are looking for an expert Software Engineer, capable of delivering high quality software solutions in a fast paced and meaningful environment. By joining Apple’s Instrument Engineering team you will embark upon the best work of your career. Besides excelling in your field, work well with other groups within Apple, including Product Design, Baseband Hardware, Thermal, Reliability, Operations, and Signal Processing, to make a product worthy of the Apple brand is important. If you’re ready for a challenge and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where your contributions are crucial then let us know!
- Excellent fundamentals and consistent record of developing applications in one or more of Swift, C++, Objective-C, Python, Ruby, Java Script
- Relevant experience of Object Oriented Analysis & Design (OOAD) concepts & scalable software design principles
- Relevant experience of SW test techniques and methodologies
- Good working knowledge of RF fundamentals
- Energy and aim to succeed in a start-up like environment
- Basic understanding of a Wireless standard
- 3+ years of industry experience or equivalent
- Recent experience in any of the following areas
- Developing and deploying distributed software systems
- Developing new software applications or drivers on any platform
- Relational and/or Non-Relational databases
- Machine learning/data analytics
- Web technologies/Web application development
- Experience of Unix Server administration.
- Basic knowledge of RF lab equipment including: spectrum analyzers, vector signal
- generators, power sensors, switch controllers, combiners, etc.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will develop high quality software using modern software engineering techniques as part of a diverse team. Responsibilities include designing, developing, testing and deployment of software solutions, using a data-driven approach within a continuous improvement culture. You will work enthusiastically with other cross-functional teams to determine the optimum software solutions to improve the quality of Apple’s products. International and/or domestic travel is possible.
Education & Experience
Bachelors in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, MS preferred