Creative Technologist, Marcom
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple’s Interactive Technology organization is part of Apple’s Worldwide Marketing Communications Department (Marcom). Marcom designs and delivers the iconic brand images and experiences to various sites, apps and retail stores. We work on many high-impact projects that serve various Apple lines of business. We use the latest in open source technologies and continue to evolve and deliver solutions on a worldwide scale. Working with a variety of multi-functional teams, we bring it all together to deliver the interactive experiences with an excellent group of software engineers while having fun along the way. As a member of the Apple Marcom Interactive Team, the Creative Technologist is responsible for driving innovation that enhances and enlivens the marketing of Apple’s products and services. You will be expected to help design, prototype, and develop interactive experiences which surprise and delight our customers, while pushing the limits of design and technology. This is a highly collaborative environment, and you can expect to work alongside a diverse team of technical and creative individuals. Are you someone who remains curious, asking questions, and digging deep to find solutions? We're growing and encourage you to apply. We believe this role would place you in a highly-energized environment with some of the most creative individuals in the industry where you would be inspired to share your perspective and experience along with providing outstanding support for the team.
- Ability to craft and communicate thoughtful user experiences.
- A portfolio demonstrating experience with design/development disciplines (AR/VR, native iOS/MacOS applications, installations, motion graphics, 3D, creative coding).
- Ideally, 2-3 years of experience working in creative/R&D/agency environments.
- Strong drive to explore and learn new technologies, and unafraid to be out of your comfort zone.
- Good experience with Computer Graphics (OpenGL/WebGL/Metal).
- Some experience with native iOS/MacOS development skills (Obj-C, Swift, C++, etc).
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience with Unity/Unreal and AR/VR development is a plus.
- Motion graphics and 3D software (AfterEffects, Maya, Blender) skills.
Developing interactive prototypes in order to conceptualize and develop innovative approaches for Apple marketing initiatives. Research and develop new ideas using cutting-edge technologies and techniques. Coordinating the implementation of ideas to ensure pixel-perfect implementation of designs.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Graphic Design/Computer Science/Media Arts and/or a collection of relevant work demonstrating the desired skill set (preferred).