Senior QA System Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We are the Beats Engineering Team, and we are looking for a highly-motivated Senior Engineer to drive our cross functional testing efforts in improving system across all of Beats’ family of products. Quality is essential to the Beats headphones/speaker product experience; in this key role you'll have responsibilities throughout the System, from undertaking investigations into architectural improvements, to driving general analysis, debugging and resolving individual issues!
- Strong proficiency and experience of Bluetooth Classic and Bluetooth Low Energy specifications is a huge plus.
- Experience with Bluetooth Profiles (HFP, A2DP, AVRCP, GATT based profiles) is helpful.
- Strong comprehension and Experience with WiFi (802. 1 1xx).
- Deep understanding of the software development process
- Strong technical understanding of operating systems and how the various layers in the software stack fit together
- Experience in developing System test plans
- Working knowledge of UN*X-based systems and command-line tools for debugging, analysis and automation.
- Experience and deep understanding of Bluetooth over-the-air sniffers, including Frontline and Ellisys.
- Exposure to one or more scripting languages: e.g., Python, Perl.
- Experience writing Python scripting is huge plus.
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Possess a strong understanding of SQA methodologies and practices.
- In a highly cross-functional role, you will collaborate with hardware, firmware, and software developers in a wide range of disciplines in analyzing system issues at the highest level down to the lowest levels of the system, identifying bottlenecks, debugging issues, and tuning the software prior to implementing and evangelizing improvements and solutions. - You will combine strong technical and analytical abilities with excellent interpersonal skills. - You will develop test plans and test infrastructure/tools. You will promote ongoing performance improvements and maintain the system performance models.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience.