Fitness Performance Data Scientist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Are you a highly motivated data scientist that is fascinated with the possibilities of complex, multi-dimensional data and the challenges of teasing out meaningful insights from this data? Join CoreMotion and be part of the team that develops best-in-class fitness solutions for iPhones and Watches. Together, we can help our users lead more active healthier lives.
- You have a strong background in Statistical Modeling/Machine Learning and Visualization
- You appreciate the computational and storage complexities that come with big data, and have developed data pipelines to handle such data.
- You leverage distributed compute/storage models when the scale of data calls for it.
- You believe that the integrity of the tooling and pipelines are critical to coming up with high quality analyses.
- You can form hypotheses, and can creatively apply different statistical approaches to the data in proving the hypotheses.
- You understand the role feedback plays in your growth, and how effective communication affords more feedback opportunities.
- You are proficient in Python and/or Matlab.
You will be analyzing data, devising and proving hypotheses, and validating algorithms using multiple sensors. You will also be responsible for framing and driving user studies and working with a multi-disciplinary team to help implement algorithms in customer-facing software. Come work with us and see your work powering the novel user experiences delivered by watchOS/iOS used by millions of users worldwide. We promote innovation and new technology to further improve our creative output. We are seeking a hardworking and passionate person to join this amazing team, if you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you.
Education & Experience
MS, Ph.D or 5+ years experience in quantitative data science discipline (statistics/biostatistics, epidemiology, computer science).
- - Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- - Prior experience with motion sensors, fitness and health technologies
- - At home in a OSX/Linux environment.
- - C++ programming experience a plus.