Systems Security Engineer, Home Platform
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Our team is searching for a highly skilled and motivated individual to work at both the systems level design aspects and the device security for the Home and Audio products platform. The responsibility of the individual will span from defining, implementing and auditing system level SW inter-device, remote and cloud communication. In this role, you will work very closely with a number of systems software and security teams. Besides a deep understanding and experience in OS security, the ideal candidate will bring their experience in working on large scale projects and having a full understanding of the overall system. In addition experience on product lifecycle from conception through shipping is needed, In addition they will need to demonstrate phenomenal communication skills to clearly present their designs and facilitate collaboration with the larger teams.
- Ideal candidate will need to possess a genuine passion for creating effective and pragmatic security technologies while possessing systems level architecture background, Highly professional, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules. Working cross-functionally with other software, hardware, marketing, and support teams to provide the best systems security solutions for Apple’s products.
- Requires 7+ years hands on experience on medium/large projects based on a full OS: Linux, Android, BSD , etc.
- You will be proficient in C and C++ with both kernel and user space programming.
- Strong experience in debugging complex systems is important.
- More than 5 years experience on High level OS security: Linux, Android or BSD flavor.
- Need to have extensive experience with System hardening, Secure Boot, Secure Update, etc.
- Strong experience with secure channel establishment, management and revocation.
- Knowledgeable in Attestation, Key Management. ARM Trust Zone™ development experience is a great plus.
- Experience working on cross functional projects between Engineering, QA, operations would be a huge plus.
- May require some travel to china for factory support.
Help build products from a systems level and define security properties, requirement for the next-generation Home and Audio products. Design and implement new approaches to system security, audit, and inter-device communication mechanisms to help protect our customers. Work cooperatively with other parts of Apple on cross-functional technologies and initiatives to enhance security and system level product definition.
Education & Experience
- BS/CS/EE/CE or relevant work experience