Advanced Materials Synthesis Lab Technician
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you have a passion for invention and self-challenge? Do you thrive on pushing the limits of what’s considered feasible? As part of our Battery Engineering group, you’ll help craft creative battery solutions that deliver more energy in smaller spaces than ever before! As a member of advanced material development team, conduct material synthesis experiments to support the development of new battery materials. Work under the supervision and guidance of a team of material scientists and process engineers. Responsible for operating lab and pilot scale chemical reactors and process equipment to make samples with targeted composition, physical size and morphology. Assist material scientists in analyzing the samples. Practice good housekeeping to ensure safe, hazard-free, and efficient operations of the facility.
- 3+ years experience in chemicals research and development environment.
- Demonstrated track-record working collaboratively with a team in communication, experimental planning and execution
- Hands-on experience in chemical reactions involving handling and processing of solutions and powders using various process equipment
- Working knowledge of solid state chemistry, wet chemistry, chemical process engineering such as pH control, mixing, milling, and nanostructure synthesis.
- Good computer skills using computer programs to control process equipment and using Excel, Word for data processing and reports etc.
- Track record of good housekeeping leading to a safe, hazard-free, and efficient operation
•Conduct lab and pilot scale synthesis to achieve targeted chemical compositions, structures, and morphology •Responsible for daily operations of the facility to ensure raw materials stocked, equipment in working order, process SOP in place, experimental records well documented and samples well labeled and traced. •Practice good housekeeping to ensure safe, hazard-free, and efficient operations of the facility •Adhere to quality standards, SOP’s and defined process control plans while suggesting improvements as needed •Conduct well defined analytical characterizations of samples such as measuring pH, surface area, particle size, tap density, etc •Working effectively and communicated clearly with the team
Education & Experience
AA or B.S. in Engineering, Chemistry, or related field