Senior Software Tools Backend Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple’s Technology Development Group is looking for a highly motivated software engineer to develop internal tools for a wide range of critical product technology teams. You will provide a key function in shaping the success of Apple’s current and future products, and help deliver exciting new software features while maintaining Apple’s world class quality.
- 3+ years backend experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record of being proactive, self-motivated, and detail-oriented
- Experience in structured software development using IDEs, remote debuggers, automated testing, profiling
- Proficiency in git workflows for development in a team
- Experience with backend development stacks such as Flask, Node, Pyramid or django and databases such as MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB
- Experience with modern microservice based designs, container technologies such as docker and automated deployments
The TDG tools engineers are responsible for creating and extending tools that help automate software development workflows across the organization. The tools support a set of diverse teams from the disciplines of Software Engineering and Integration, Product Management, Quality Assurance and Performance. As part of the team, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining these tools. The responsibilities of the job include: - Identify opportunities to improve and automate workflows for multi-disciplinary teams at Apple - Prototype new tools and demonstrate their value to the organization - Collaborate with teams across Apple to leverage and extend existing tools - Write new tools in concise and easy to understand code - Continually assess and improve performance and security - Troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely manner - Set up automated integration, testing and deployment
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in an engineering related field, or equivalent experience.