Sacramento, California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Edge Services team is looking for a motivated Project Manager to drive projects for Apple’s CDN, GSLB and Retail store infrastructure. As a member of the team, you will balance projects for tools and hardware that support our services used by hundreds of millions of people. Projects may be global and include direct interaction with a broad variety of technical and functional personnel throughout Apple. Responsibilities include leading vendors, purchasing services and hardware, coordinating delivery, installation, and configuration. Budget planning, purchase order and inventory tracking will be required along with interfacing across business and finance teams.
- Minimum of 3 + years of growing project management responsibilities.
- Validated project management and organization skills.
- Understanding of project life-cycle and theories.
- Knowledge and use of project management tools.
- Experience leading high priority projects and driving them forward with a sense of urgency.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- An outstanding teammate with a positive attitude who nurtures relationships quickly.
- Validated ability to partner and collaborate across teams to execute strategic plans.
- Ability to filter and distill meaningful information for the right audience.
Craft, handle, and execute project plans, documentation, and schedules for multiple simultaneous projects within our team. Collaborate with technical staff to evaluate hardware and solutions and work directly with vendors to purchase, deliver, and install products. Drive projects with the team from approval, through strategic development, production to completion. Run scope, cost, schedules and risks throughout the project lifecycle. Work closely with engineering and operations teams to craft requirements and implement designs. Partner with Finance to forecast capex and opex budget spend. Conduct effective meetings, document progress and track action items. Connect with key individuals in global timezones as needed. Chip in innovative ideas to improve how information is tracked, reported and presented.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree or certification in related field or 5 years of applicable experience - PMI/PMP certification is great- Supply chain or logistics management is a plus