RF Calibration, System Verification and Automation Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you have a passion for invention and self-challenge? Do you thrive on pushing the limits of what’s considered feasible? As part of a world class modem team, you’ll craft sophisticated leading-edge embedded firmware that deliver more performance in our products than ever before. You’ll work across disciplines to transform improved hardware elements into a single, integrated design. Join us, and you’ll help us innovate new wireless systems technologies that continually outperform the previous iterations. By collaborating with other product development groups across Apple, you’ll push the industry boundaries of what wireless systems can do and improve the product experience for our customers across the world.
- Experience with developing RF Toolset for 3GPP and internal verification testing, Calibration Tools and associated GUI development.
- Prior expertise in writing RF calibration routines for the cellular radio and/or other wireless products.
- Well versed with 3GPP RAN4 requirements and latest testing techniques to benchmark the product.
- Experience in 5G, 4G RF Test criteria for functional and production testing and knowledge of key features like Multi SIM, ENDC, MIMO.
- Able to demonstrate expertise and working experience in in C/ C++, compilers, DLL development and build tools.
- Working knowledge of Perl/ Python script development. Development on Mac OS a Plus.
- Proficiency in debugging the data / control link HS-UART, PCIe etc between embedded side and DLL a PLUS.
- Experience working with RF Test equipment and control software for 4G /5G Call boxes Oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers and hardware platforms/ interface cards etc via SCPI Interface commands.
You will develop Tools for RF Feature Test automation and RF calibration routines for the worlds most advanced and state-of-the-art mobile wireless platforms designed by Apple. Implement smart algorithms and test cases to push the product performance to its limits and be part of the team that that is striving to make the products the exclusive for performance! Collaborate across multi-functional teams to fine tune requirements and evaluate feasibility of your proposals. Constantly strive for excellence, keep looking out for improvement opportunities to come up with a world-class product. This is a chance to use your creativity into developing unrivaled products!
Education & Experience
MS/PhD degree + 7 years experience in mobile device development. Deep understanding and hands on experiences with RF HW and Baseband Modem technology would be a PLUS.