Sr. Signal Integrity Engineer - (Tools Author)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The candidate will work within the Mac organization to develop internal tools that automate design analysis flows of system level SI and PI. The roll further includes processing and analysis of SI and PI metrics from prototype build data sets captured from insitu test capabilities. The candidate must have knowledge of Signal and Power Integrity disciplines.
- The candidate must have familiarity and proven expertise in authoring electrical design analysis tools. This includes authorship of tools and being able to automate use of commercial tools within an overall process flow.
- The candidate shall have proven skill in scripting, programming expertise in C, C++, Python, PERL, and BASH/CSH; Git; Windows/Linux/Unix; SKILL (cadence) and Matlab.
- Demonstrated abilities in OO programming, inheritance, polymorphism, data-typing; multi-dim arrays, dictionaries; regular expressions is required.
- Experience with batch (non-GUI) processing support of the analysis suite is required.
- Tool development experience must include use of time domain circuits simulators (Spice, AMI) and using statistical eye methods for SERDES channels.
- Familiarity with processing S-parameters and transform methods from frequency domain to time domain step responses is required.
- Specific PI support includes PDN responses, transient load response, equivalent DCR and ESL extraction.
- The candidate should be able to capture electromagnetic models using 2D, 3D Full wave (HFSS, Nwave), Quasi-static solvers (Q3D, nApex), system level solvers (SiWave, PowerSI, nSys), and equivalent solvers.
- Fluent understanding of interconnect modeling methods, using S-parameter, W-elements, etc is required.
- Further skills require include ability to author tools to support DoE analysis of candidate designs.
- Authorship of automation flows employing optimizers to hit electrical design targets is required. Experience with AI/ML a plus.
- The candidate should demonstrate a passion for developing ECAD tools/applications with execution time and coverage that raise team productivity.
- Ability to develop software in a team setting, specify goals and objectives, and engage in rapid development; engage effectively with end-users.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills, ability to work independently, a desire to mentor, and demonstrated ability to innovate are required.
- The candidate should have experience in crafting initiatives that improved process, procedures, and result quality.
The position includes tool authoring for electrical system development process across signaling and power domains. The roll includes automation of analysis and design support of system SI and PI workflows across the full range of the product development process. Teamwork includes coordination with tool development peers, system design SI/PI, hardware validation, and project EE engineering teams.
Education & Experience
10 years experience in tool development for electrical design, MSEE with 10 years experience or PhD with minimum of 5 years experience