Embedded Systems Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Be a part of the Wireless Charging team. We build customised solutions for characterising performance of wireless charging systems in Apple’s products. In this role, you will develop production-friendly instrumentation used to measure performance of wireless charging in Apple’s manufacturing sites. Be one of the first people in the world to witness new Apple products being crafted for the first time.
- 5+ years of professional experience in firmware or driver development.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills; clear communication with diverse teams.
- Proficiency in embedded C and experience working and developing device drivers.
- Exposure to device drivers for common firmware interfaces, chipsets, communications protocols and various SOC blocks, and ARM based micro-controllers.
- A good working knowledge of common debugging software; git, lldb, eclipse.
- Analytical skills to process volume data using tools like Excel / Matlab / JMP.
- Experience in interpreting schematics, and in debugging hardware using test equipment such as oscilloscopes and protocol analysers, and interfaces such as JTAG, SPI, i2c.
- Willingness and ability to travel to Asia is required.
We are currently seeking an individual with strong software skills, with a strong command of C/C++ or any object oriented language, with a willingness to learn Objective-C. You will work with a team of amazing engineers to develop and deploy mass-production friendly solutions for Mac and iPhone/iPad products. These solutions include stations with scientific instrumentation, software, and algorithms used to calibrate and test Mac products. Starting from the first prototyping phase towards the final engineering validation phase of the product, work with industry talents and multi-functional colleagues to define test coverage, develop calibration algorithms and specifications, before packaging and handing over the validated solution to the operations team for mass-production. PREFERRED SKILLS: You should have relevant software background, with excellent technical communication skills. Prior knowledge of wireless charging, EE fundamentals, the functionality of sensors, and exposure to automation and motion control would be an advantage. Familiarity with standard hardware protocols such as USB, SPI, i2c, PCIe, MIPI, HDMI preferred.
Education & Experience
BS CS/CE/EE/Physics + 5 years experience.