Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Sales and Business Development
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. A deep understanding of applied forecasting techniques and forecast statistics is critical. This analyst will develop and build weekly, quarterly and annual forecasts of support provided by AppleCare based on historical support data and published internal capacity plan forecasts. This role also publishes the forecasts for contact rates at the product level used for financial accrual. The primary customers are AppleCare Finance and senior management within AppleCare. The ability to work independently and as part of a global cross functional team is essential as well as interacting effectively across multiple levels in the organization. This role serves a critical function communicating contact center performance to the AppleCare Contact Center Operations and AppleCare Finance organization.
- 5+ years of statistical forecasting and/or complex data analysis
- Proficiency with bridging repeated forecast changes driven by addition of actual data to long-term published forecasts
- Expertise in at least one statistical software package such as R or SAS
- Comfortable spending a lot of time in Excel
- Strong competence in SQL
- Working understanding of Tableau
- Organized with solid ability to multi-task
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, understand data ambiguity, and publish corrections when better data becomes available
- Ability to translate and disseminate analytical insights to partners with varying levels of experience with data and analytics
As a forecasting analyst you will be managing the generation and delivery of specific scheduled forecasts, responding to ad hoc forecasting requests and executing deep dive quantitative analyses. You will work cross-functionally to help support data-driven decisions related to current and new forecasts. Intuition and awareness about when data and/or results may be wrong is critical, as this is an environment with dynamic data quality and this team regularly opens tickets with IS&T to correct data errors.
Education & Experience
Degree in Statistics, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Math or related field. Advanced degree a plus.