Technical Program Manager - Core Technologies
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. As the Technical Program Manager for CTO Optical Components, you will have responsibility for the camera lens in the development and support of camera modules to be incorporated into Laptops, desktops, handhelds and standalone peripherals.
- Ideally 5 + years within Optics Industry High volume manufacture of precision lens components; Molding, Coating, Assembly and Test of Optical Lens Components.
- Suppliers procedures including FMEA, Process Flow, Control plans and yield Pareto chart.
- Familiar with 8D to fix internal and supplier based optical engineering issues in timely manner. Clearly understood FACA procedure.
- Lead multi-functional activities in the supply chain for overall operational readiness in all NPI phases leading into Mass Production.
- Strong Management skills with experience of Asia based Lens vendors.
- Lead suppliers by providing technical direction to establish and validate (utilizing statistical tools) process capability to Apple standards in meeting innovative product designs as well as test and quality requirements.
- Utilize DOE’s and other Industry standard tools to dedicatedly identify and address risks and optimize process parameters.
- Familiar with Optical lens tester, i.e. TriOptics Pro5/9, IMHR.
- Conduct tester GR&R and correlation in supply chain.
- Maintain quality and handle volume throughout the ramp up and sustaining phase, Drive any issues to closure whilst maintaining clear communications to all partners.
- Establish Quality programs and Manufacturing Process Control Plans for early detection of issues and to ensure the highest level of Quality and Reliability is consistently delivered.
- Act as Operations technical lead in communicating project readiness and identifying risks.
- Excellent technical and management skills centered on enabling groundbreaking Optical technologies in high volume and high quality.
- Strong technical skills, involving problem solving and issue root cause in a pressured environment.
- Self starter with innovation, integrity and attention to details.
- Experience working with international OEM partners.
- Hands on direct experience within the manufacture of Optical lens.
- High energy, multi-tasker, inventive problem solver, ability to work under pressure and take initiative.
- Experience of auditing Lens suppliers and closing issues before ramp. Buy off optical tooling including, MTF and CPK data. MBO the Optics related equipment.
- Basic understanding of optical Lens Design with ZEMAX, CodeV tools.
- Some International Travel will be required (25%-35%).
Drive the technical, operational and quality issues related to Optical Lens molding, assembly, test, yield, processes and customer failures to ensure effective closure of all issues to enable operational success of the entire product introduction cycle and through mass production. You will bring your expertise in the manufacturing, assembly and quality management of high precision lens components for mobile devices. The successful engineer / manager in this role will be able to work closely with suppliers and multi-functional engineers so as to deliver scalable manufacturing processes in a timely manner.
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PhD in Engineering
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.