Program Manager, Maps Delivery
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple Maps is the most popular mapping application shipped with every iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch. We offer an incredible, connected experience across the Apple ecosystem – iOS, macOS, Apple Watch, tvOS, CarPlay – and are delivering the future of maps to hundreds of millions of customers across the globe. For this role, we’re looking for a program manager who delivers phenomenal work by investing in great people. Someone who understands the details, but stays focused on the bigger picture. A keen reader of people, team dynamics, culture, and tea leaves; builds strong relationships to move things forward.
- 5+ years of Program Management experience with consumer-facing products.
- Solid understanding of software engineering processes with considerable software release/infrastructure/DevOps/SRE experience.
- Strong technical proficiency. Preferably past programming experience.
- Good understanding of core infrastructure, datacenter ecosystem, cloud technologies and security concepts.
- Clear ability to understand and manage highly technical, complex systems.
- Clear ability to develop strong, encouraging relationships with partner teams (engineering, operations evaluation, etc).
- Self-motivated and dedicated with proven creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Experience working in a dynamic, execution-driven environment.
- Extraordinary leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Mapping or GIS background a serious plus.
The Delivery team helps build extraordinary infrastructure and a foundation for a great customer experience. We are also responsible for releasing our products to the global market. And we get to work with remarkably hardworking people across Apple, all over the world. This role is a technical hands-on, multi-functional, highly-engaged job that is responsible for the Delivery portfolio. As the program manager you will be responsible for a broad portfolio. Specifically you will: - Define, develop and deliver the trickiest, hardest infrastructure/delivery projects. - Drive discussions & negotiations, resolve conflicts, solve, anticipate and purposefully remove obstacles that slow down or prevent project teams from delivering on project goals. - Communicate with every level of our organization, from individual contributors to executives. - Demonstrate high integrity and strong values, every single day. The successful candidate thrives in a dynamic environment, can adapt quickly, and has extraordinary communication and interpersonal skills to work cross functionally with other teams.
Education & Experience
BS or equivalent