Controls Design Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Seeking a full-time engineer to join our Controls Engineering group. Candidate will be responsible for development of control algorithms for complex electromechanical systems.
- Deep knowledge of systems theory and control systems design.
- Deep understanding of classical and modern control methodologies: PID, optimal control (LQR, LQG, KF), model-predictive control, etc.
- Deep expertise in designing controllers for multi-DOF systems
- Practical knowledge of sensor and actuator physics.
- Experience implementing control systems on embedded microcontroller platforms.
- Proficiency in MathWorks tools: MATLAB/Simulink is a must.
- Proficiency in C/C++ is a must. Python preferred.
- Proficiency in modern software development workflows and practices.
We are seeking a highly motivated controls design engineer to lead the development of controls for complex dynamical systems. Collaborate in highly cross-functional environment and work closely with sensor and actuator design engineers, software engineers, and other control design engineers. Lead control projects from algorithm architecture to design, implementation, tuning, and validation. Define specifications and test suites to tune parameters and compare performance of different controllers. Work with software team to ensure robust controller implementation on embedded microcontrollers. Work with modeling team to integrate models and controllers into simulation environment for rapid development and validation.
Education & Experience
MS or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or Mechatronics Engineering, with an emphasis in controls or robotics.