Security Test Engineering Internship
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our multifaceted group, you will have the outstanding and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and encourage millions of Apple’s customers every single day. The Security Test Engineering team is seeking an engineering intern who is curious to learn about test development and understand what goes behind shipping secure features on multiple platforms. We’re looking for a candidate with understanding of data structures & algorithms to help develop tools that aid the qualification process of security related features. In this role you will work with other QA and Software engineers, on and outside the team, to test various security projects.
- Communicate frequently with managers and engineers across the organization.
- Build and get consensus on project plans and project concepts.
- Develop detailed and disciplined tests.
- Work with engineering teams to deeply understand their technology and develop test plans around it.
- Debug and report issues encountered during testing. Help prioritize the team’s daily automation results.
The work will involve crafting and implementing necessary tools to help software developers & test engineers ship high quality & secure features to customers. You will need to show abilities in communicating with both fellow developers and people with different skill sets, propose solutions and bring them to fruition. This role requires strong programming skills, excellent problem-solving and interpersonal skills, and a passion to make the best products possible.
Education & Experience
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.