Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to shape upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every day. Apple OTA System Engineering team is looking for a Mechanical Robotics Engineer to design, develop and deploy Fixtures and Robotic solutions to enable complex autonomous test systems
- You have working experience architecting, designing and selecting robotic systems.
- You have working experience with mechanical fixturing, design and production.
- Hands-on fabrication or machine-shop experience with tools such as 3-axis mill, lathe, CNC, 3D printer, laser-cutting machines as well as inspection equipment such as OMN/CMM and CT scan.
- Basic Knowledge of GD&T techniques and ability to read mechanical drawings
- Proficiency with CAD including Solidworks, Pro/Engineer, or NX
- Hands-on experience with robotic arms and mobile robots
- Robotic mechanical and electrical trouble shooting skills
- Proficiency in programming languages C, C++, Python a plus
- Excellent communication skills required, both written & verbal.
- Self driven and able to execute with limited supervision.
You will architect, design, integrate and deploy robotic automated solutions for wireless technologies test systems. You will also review existing robotic solutions performance, debug and resolve issues as well as identify and implement improvements. You will design and create custom fixtures to fit the needs of specific automated solutions You will also be responsible of vetting and selecting 3rd party vendor robotic solutions as well as provide direct feedback to their optimization based on desired application. You will create, gather and document requirements for automated solutions, including identifying HW and SW dependencies. You will be responsible for properly defining and communicating such requirements to cross-functional teams and vendors. You will also manage HW and SW milestones towards a successful deployment of Robotic automated solution.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in Mechatronics, Robotics or Mechanical Engineering with 6+ years' experience or equivalent required Masters Degree in Mechatronics, Robotics or Mechanical Engineering with 4+ years' experience or equivalent preferred.