Sr. Product Design Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
In this role, you will be a part of a small, highly talented team at the heart of fan design efforts utilizing your vast experience of mechanical design skills to lead design efforts. We pride ourselves on investigating meaningful technologies and determining the best balance of performance and feasibility for the design of awesome next generation products. There is a high level of visibility interfacing cross functionally, driving prototype construction, detailed design, qualification testing and execution in mass production. Will also provide guidance to Architecture, Thermal and System Product Design teams for fan sizing, system integration considerations, performance testing and verification, etc.
- Typically requires at least 7+ years of 3D CAD Mechanical part design experience in any of the following: injection molding, die cast, CNC, etc.
- 2D mechanical drawing layout experience, familiarity with GD&T or SPC or CP/CPK.
- Experience with Unigraphics or Solid Works or Creo or ProE, etc.
- Shown knowledge of statics and mechanical structure with a track record of realizing creative concepts. Experience in prototype design a plus.
- Experience with turbomachinery or journal bearing or DC Brushless motor technology is considered a plus.
- FEA (Finite Element Analysis) and CFD experience is a plus, but not required.
- Experience in the HDD or Hard Disk Drive world is considered relevant.
- Detailed design: We design 3D CAD and 2D Drawings from architectural phase through execution. - Interdisciplinary design responsibilities including Mechanical, DFM, flex design. - Collaborate with electrical engineers to oversee electromagnetic design, power analysis. - Your care in resolving engineering requirement specifications, communicating and receiving relevant feedback for design concepts/results with management will get noticed. - Collaborate with vendors, tooling engineers and other groups to ensure that implementation is in line with design intent. - Assist in figuring out and reviewing meaningful tests for fan design qualification. - You will work with top tier fan vendors to validate and solve problems in fan designs. - Travel to Asia for factory builds, etc. - Review and interpret prototype testing to accurately validate design
Education & Experience
MSME OR BSME DEGREE