Senior Engineer - Field Engineering
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We would invite you to join Apple's Cloud Infrastructure (ACI) Compute team as a Field Engineer. You will be key to establishing and implementing the best of Apple enterprise technologies within the broader Apple engineering ecosystem. We collaborate with teams and leverage Apple cloud technologies to enhance Apple products as well as identify areas for opportunity while adding your input to process improvements and the creation of new technologies. This position is responsible for working closely with various Apple engineering teams to develop, implement, execute, analyze, and communicate the features and enhancements critical to deliver the next cloud services and cloud products for Apple. Is this sounds like something which resonates with you. If it is, we'd love to hear from you!
- Build and manage relationships across Apple’s product teams, business organizations, and external open source communities to build a stronger more robust network.
- Understanding core concepts for cloud native technologies, specifically Kubernetes.
- Providing technical consulting for Apple teams transforming to container solutions.
- Working with Apple teams to implement solutions based on ACI Compute technologies and integrations.
- Demonstrating the impact of transformation for containerized and cloud native technologies in partnership with Apple teams.
- Building kubernetes integrations to solve for Apple's feature and scale problems.
- Understanding and identifying feature requests and advocating for customers and users with program/product management and operations.
- Providing leadership and customer feedback throughout the product or project lifecycle.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills through all levels of communication.
5-10 years of experience working with relevant technology. Experience presenting on technical concepts to end users. Experience with containers and container orchestration (Rancher, Kubernetes, Docker, Mesos). Experience speaking at Industry events is very relevant for our organization and team growth. Hands on ability to code to create proof of concepts etc. Experience working in an open source community. Excellent technical knowledge and aptitude for learning. Ability to set and maintain goals, welcome feedback and enjoy success. Ability to drive a project from inception to completion. Enthusiasm for solving challenging problems. Team attitude: a willingness to roll up your sleeves, collaborate and get stuff done.
Education & Experience
MS or PhD in Computer Science or Computer Engineering