Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Apple Cloud Infrastructure Engineering organization is looking for a talented Software Engineer who will help the team make a huge impact on Cloud Services. This Cloud Infrastructure team develops and manages a large set of cloud services at Apple. The scale is unprecedented and we are looking for dedicated and talented dev-ops engineers to support and help define new processes to run such an operation. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We're looking for a talented and passionate person to join this amazing team, if you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you.
- 3+ years experience working on large scale distributed systems.
- Excellent knowledge of Java, the JVM and the ecosystem.
- Fluent in at least one scripting language in addition to Bash (Ruby/Python/Go etc...).
- Solid understanding of concurrency control, data structures, algorithms, and distributed, scalable system architectures.
- Experience building networked applications.
- Familiarity with distributed systems, such as Cassandra, ZooKeeper and Kafka.
- Proficiency with source control, continuous integration and testing methods.
- Solving problems for large distributed systems at various layers of the stack, from networking, system calls to application layer debugging.
This position will design, implement and debug core components of Apple's platform for Internet Services servicing hundreds of millions of users around the world every day. You will be expected to meet tight project deadlines, excel under pressure, work well with others, be self-motivated, and be able to manage short and long term projects. Researching and experimenting with key technologies, architectures, and standards are part of the job, as well as working in collaboration with other engineering teams to ensure that services meet scalability, availability, security, and performance goals. We are a small and nimble team which has a great amount of focus on using the best services and software to enable our partners at Apple to do their very best work.
Education & Experience
BS, MS or PhD, in Computer Science, or equivalent experience