2D Print Production Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We oversee all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications. The role of a Print Production Manager in Marcom is to bring creative concepts to life in multiple print mediums. In this role, you will be instrumental in producing 2D elements on behalf of Apple with a goal of maintaining the highest visual standards of one of the most beloved and empowering brands through all vehicles by which marketing and advertising appears and is maintained globally.
- You have seven to 10 years minimum of print production expertise within a creative agency or production environment equivalent.
- You provide extraordinary print production expertise, strong purchasing and project management skills and the ability to maintain schedules and budgets for all pre-press and printed materials on various substrates.
- You have expert color analysis skills and extensive experience working pre-press in RGB and CMYK with an eye towards quality and detail.
- You have strong working knowledge of image creation from CGI and photography through retouching approval.
- You have functional ability to review files in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop files.
- You dream of working in a dynamic, collaborative, creative, and challenging environment!
- You are incredibly resourceful, a multitasker who builds relationships by being and innovative.
- Flexible, dedicated, highly organized, excellent at multi-tasking.
- Problem solver who is passionate about building partnerships and crafting innovative solutions while maintaining calm in situations of ambiguity.
- During peak launch/refresh periods, evening and weekend work may be necessary.
We are involved in pre-press, packaging, large corporate event graphics, collateral projects, retail window and in-store graphics, signage, gift cards, and premiums. You are a strong Print Production Manager who is flexible, proactive, highly organized, excellent at multi-tasking, very comfortable under deadlines, and able to work effectively as a team member. Our role works cross-functionally with other teams in the Marcom group and is responsible for facilitating effective routing and reviewing of projects through the department. We lead and implement large and small format litho and inkjet printing, dye-sublimation, and specialty finishing techniques. On-press experience and expertise in all aspects of production is expected. Oversight of specs, estimating and/or competitively bidding all projects, maintaining budgets; communicating any obstacles that would require additional funding; conducting negotiations with suppliers as necessary. Facilitation of Creative team’s art direction, ensuring accurate interpretation and follow-through on multiple assets and versions. Implement highly complex initiatives and recommend the best course of action on all production-related considerations. We interact with various team members in the company so strong communication, tact and collaboration is important. We positively and proactively partner with teams inside and outside of Marcom, often with limited direction.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.