Human Factors Anthropometry Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is looking for a Human Factors Anthropometry Engineer to develop and drive research in anthropometric measurement, analysis, and modeling to inform the design of hardware products.
- Experience with programming 3D visualization/analysis/simulation software
- Deep knowledge of statistical analysis and modeling tools
- Experience in developing and programming structural Finite Element Model simulations
- Equipped with strong foundation in linear algebra, computational geometry, robotics controls systems, or computer graphics
- Python experience
- Experience or interest in designing user-studies that leverage motion capture, photogrammetry, force/pressure transducers and other electro-mechanical sensors/systems.
- Familiarity with anthropometric measurement or physiology/anatomy
- Able to work independently and excel in a dynamic, hands-on, cross-functional and creative corporate environment
- Has energetic personality with excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Values attention to detail, patience, and aesthetic sensibility
- Is passionate about human-computer interaction and user-centered design
- Experience in medical/comfort/fit/biomechanics/ergonomics research is a plus
- Hands on experience in computer vision and machine learning is a plus
- C++ experience is a plus
As a Human Factors Anthropometry Engineer, you will support all phases of product/technology development in the context of functional anthropometry. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to define and drive research that will directly affect the product. Develop or introduce new measurement systems that will deliver critical anthropometric data. Develop meaningful human-device interaction models and simulations that incorporate various modes of interaction and anthropometric diversity. Design and drive quantitative and qualitative user-studies to provide clear and concise feedback/direction to teams in a timely manner. Collaborate cross-functionally with design, engineering, and product development groups. Maintain an active working knowledge of the cutting-edge in anthropometric measurement and modeling.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree required with a concentration or work in Mechanical Engineering/Aerospace Engineering, Mechatronics, Computer Science, Computational Geometry, Computer Graphics, or Biomechanics.