Sr. Real Estate & Development Project Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. In this position you will need to have the ability to coordinate project design and construction teams with end-users, Environmental Health & Safety, in-house IT, audio visual, security teams, etc. You as Apple's representative; will own the project from beginning to end.
- Experience with typical technology company project types: office TI’s, labs, clean rooms, server labs, tool installations, etc.
- Experience with fast track design-build construction
- Strong background in commercial/industrial construction to include mechanical, electrical, process piping, plumbing building systems, tenant improvements, site work and ground up construction
- Management of LEED certified projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication, with focus on planning, execution, and follow up. Strong analytical skills; works well under pressure.
- Experience using typical software for managing projects and ability to learn new project management software quickly
- Able to work well with others and create strong field and corporate relationships
- Dedication to deliver consistent customer service Internally and externally
- Strong individual contributor. Self-starter who possesses exceptional time management skills and has great attention to detail.
- Proficient in utilizing Apple products to perform the job.
Project initiation including conceptual budgeting and scheduling, logistics planning Provide budget analysis, value engineering, and obtain internal approvals for capital funding Utilize the Apple design guidelines and provide guidance to the design team for implementation Meet with internal engineering groups, operations and business units to determine detailed project requirements Drive both internal and external stakeholders to meet deadlines as required to meet project schedule Engagement of design professionals to include architects, engineers and specialty consultants Management and support of design professionals from programming to completion Review lease terms and collaborate with Leasing Manager to obtain all necessary approvals from the Landlord Engage and maintain positive working relationships with local government jurisdictions/departments Engagement of general contractors to include competitive bidding and negotiation Review all proposals, and change order requests from the consultants, general contractors, suppliers and subcontracts. Prepare and present comparative analysis. Creation and maintenance of the project budget and high-level master schedule Engagement of and coordination with Apple EH&S, IT, Security and AV project managers, etc. Coordination, ordering and installation oversight of furniture, fixtures and equipment for each project Manage and oversee commissioning agents and development of sequence of operations We Manage the closeout process, manage warranty issues and turnover the project to Maintenance Team
Education & Experience
Prefer: Engineering or Construction Management degree 7 to 10 years of experience in commercial or industrial construction as a project manager in North America Demonstrated success in managing multiple projects, priorities and people concurrently in a fast-paced, high-growth and results driven environment.