3D Modeling & Texturing Artist / Workflow Expert
Culver City, California, United States
JOB SUMMARY: Come help shape the future of the Mac in the Media & Entertainment industry. The Pro Workflow team is seeking an experienced 3D Modeler and Texture artist to join a small team of senior content creation workflow experts and system architects. This is an individual contributor role and you sculpt and build models as well as create textures at a level of detail necessary for production assets.
- 5+ years experience on live action films, animated films, episodic TV, and/or games
- Proven ability in Modeling and Texturing demonstrated through portfolio / demo reel.
- Capable of creating high quality stylized, procedural and photorealistic textures for characters, props and environments
- Experience with Substance, Mudbox, Zbrush, and Mari
- Ability to unwrap UVs in an efficient and organized manner.
- Experience with leading UV layout apps a must (Maya, Headus UV Layout)
- Good communication, self driven motivation, and ability to chart a direction through ambiguity
- NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience with Maya, MEL, Houdini, and Python are a plus
- Traditional art skills (drawing, painting, sculpting, etc.).
- Understanding of shading concepts (Experience with Arnold, Redshift, Renderman, V-Ray) a plus.
You are an expert in your craft and looking for new and outstanding challenges. You are able to work with a small team of experts across multiple disciplines. You will help set our overall direction with respect to Sculpting and Texturing. You’ll work with Mac system architects to make the process of content creation better on the Mac as well as explore innovations to the sculpting and texturing workflows.
Education & Experience
BA or equivalent experience