Xcode Previews Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Xcode team provides the tools to develop software for Apple's innovative iOS, watchOS, tvOS and macOS platforms. Because tools are our products, software engineers on the Xcode team have the unique and rewarding opportunity to apply personal experience to enhance and augment the tools they use everyday. Xcode Previews change the way we build apps with immediate visual feedback and rich editing tools. The Xcode Previews team is looking for a creative and motivated engineer to help us take fast, iterative development even further.
- A love for learning
- Strong software engineering fundamentals
- Experience and opinions about the way software is engineered, especially in the area of user interfaces
- Can demonstrate and articulate how to write clean, maintainable code
- Comfortable collaborating across multiple teams
- Ability to work closely with UI designers and implement designs to pixel perfection
We’re looking for an engineer who loves to sit at the cross section of languages, compilers, frameworks like SwiftUI, and user interface development. Xcode Previews touch every part of the system: from the details of the Swift grammar, to build systems, to app development and lifecycle, to design and building beautiful custom UI. Working on this team involves everything from low level programming to high level UI design and interaction. This position requires a highly creative and self-motivated individual. We're looking for engineers who love to learn, and love to work with a variety of teams and disciplines to bring the best experience for our developers. You will have the opportunity to affect design decisions not only on developer-facing tools, but also for our frameworks, and for future products across the Apple ecosystem.
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- If possible, provide a portfolio of your work. We love seeing what you've created, software or otherwise.