Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Platform Infrastructure Engineering (PIE) team is building the next generation tools empowering Apple’s software developers to build the products our customers love. We're a fast moving, highly skilled agile team designing and building a continuous integration and delivery system that Apple’s server-side developers use to build, test and deploy their products with. Our system has to scale globally, stay highly available, and "just work”. That's a tall order, and we're looking to add more talented and passionate engineers who love challenges. If you feel like you'd love to join this amazing team, we'd love to hear from you.
- 5+ years of software development and/or production operations experience with large-scale distributed systems.
- Strong coding and scripting knowledge in languages like Go, Python, Ruby or Java.
- Experience in managing and scaling multi-tier web-services infrastructure in a public, private or hybrid cloud environment.
- Hands-on experience with tools like Terraform, Spinnaker, Ansible, SmartStack et al.
- Familiarity with microservices architecture and container orchestration with Kubernetes, Mesos, Docker swarm et al preferred.
- Experience with chaos engineering, scale testing and/or disaster recovery.
- Good systems level understanding of Linux (RedHat derivatives).
- Familiarity with continuous integration and delivery.
We are designing, building, and supporting new, critical infrastructural systems and frameworks which provide and support services like structured and unstructured storage, caching, queueing, searching, and much more. These form the platform upon which many iCloud and other backend systems at Apple are built. Our team is responsible for the next generation platform that will power Apple’s infrastructural services. These services have huge scale and store hundreds of petabytes of data. The platform will support a variety of services based on open-source software, such as Apache Cassandra, SOLR, Zookeeper, Kafka, Redis, etc. We are looking for enthusiastic developers to join as a member of this group. This person will have a tremendous amount of individual responsibility and influence over the direction and backend of many critical Apple internet services take for years to come. You should be someone with ideas and real passion for software delivered as a service to maximize reuse, efficiency, and simplicity. Your work will impact millions of Apple users and is necessary to the success of some of the most visible current and future features.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.