AI/ML Operations Manager - Siri
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
The AI/ML and Siri Operations team is a fast paced, dynamic environment. We need a manager who can exhibit composure while learning from each new challenge. Building and maintaining relationships with engineering organizations across Siri and Tools Engineering, helping to define data specifications, developing and optimizing processes, managing third party vendor relationships and annotation tools. If you are a smart, creative, engaging project and people manager, self-motivated team player, who thrives in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment, passionate about building great products, doing the right thing and learning new technologies, this is the job for you. Apple is seeking an experienced Project Account Manager to join the AI/ML Annotation Operations team and oversee Siri machine learning data set grading and curation projects. This is a multi-functional role working with Siri engineering, production operations, tools engineering, QA, training etc. teams enabling and tracking production progress, performing data analysis, root cause analysis, QA and production rollouts.
- 8+ years of industry experience passionate about delivering good quality data within project timelines.
- Experienced in leading and coordinating multi-functional activities between QA, Engineering, Business, Legal etc.
- Experienced in data quality issue tracking and resolution activities end to end (impact analysis, root cause analysis, data analysis etc.)
- High degree of adaptability, flexibility, creative decision-making, and technical problem-solving abilities.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to see the big picture while working with ambiguity and uncertainty
- Experience managing complex data analysis and large scale data evaluation projects is a plus.
- Consistent focus on training and improving existing processes
- Experience in working with ETL applications, data pipelines, and Big Data.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to work in a self-directed environment, and ability to present to senior management
- Experienced in a leadership function, managing and motivating a team.
- Strong decision making and good judgment
- Able to work collaboratively with engineers across organizations and time zones
- Build and manage relationships with other operational and support groups
You are a proven project and people manager who can thrive in a fast-paced workplace where both individual drive and team collaboration are the keys to success. You will collaborate with the engineering teams and data requestors to deploy scalable data pipelines in production. You will plan and track delivery timelines, provide technical expertise and leadership throughout a data request life cycle to ensure the final dataset meets the customer’s quality expectations. You will deliver monthly volume forecast & capacity planning and handle resource management including planning, hiring, and on boarding schedules. You will oversee operational responsibilities including workflow management, process improvement and operations health review, as well as track quality assurance status and training needs. You will engage with Customers to clarify quality and data requirements, discuss edge cases and receive early quality feedback for new annotation types. You will identify potential areas of tools and process improvements with impact analysis, scope clear requirements and work with the prototyping team to test these approaches before deploying them in production.
Education & Experience
BS or MS degree in engineering, science or computer science or equivalent
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.