Annotations - Senior Quality Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming great products, services and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- 3+ years of design/test/implementation/consulting experience with Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence solutions.
- Experience in shell scripting, make, Python/Perl and Bash.
- Passion for product quality and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
- In-depth experience with predictive analytics, classification models, datasets and annotations.
- Solid background in statistics, probability theory, data modeling, computer vision and machine learning techniques used to implement analytics solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams.
- Advanced degree in computer science, engineering or mathematics.
- Experience with data modeling and analytics solution stacks is a plus.
- Some travel will be required.
Annotation Ops team is seeking a highly skilled Senior Quality Engineer to design effective QA/QC processes and tools for labeling methods to produce high-quality datasets for Apple’s wide variety of ML projects. You will study customer’s dataset and quality requirements, translate them to QA/QC process/tool requirements, design prototype solutions and implement them in a large scale operational environment. You will act as a technical liaison between internal customers and the AI/ML engineering teams to provide customer driven product improvement feedback. You will design predictive models that inform our Customers about the quality of the datasets we deliver and the likely impact on their ML models. You will help collect, prioritize and implement features requests for various annotation platforms and work with the platform engineering teams to review sprint plans, perform release testing, identify/resolve bugs before production release. This is a highly reciprocal position that requires working with Engineering, Quality, Training and Production Ops to deliver premier solutions. And most of all, you are able to manage and lead change effectively while maintaining Apple culture and standards. Social skills and technical product knowledge and expertise are essential for this role. Applicants should thrive in dynamic, high-pressure situations and welcome critical-thinking opportunities.
Education & Experience
Masters in Computer Science/Engineering/Mathematics/Statistics or equivalent experience