Camera & Photos - Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
iPhone is the most popular camera in the world, with billions of photos taken every year. The seamless integration of software and hardware has led to features like Smart HDR, Portrait Mode, and Live Photos which deliver magical experiences that surprise and delight our customers.
- 3+ years embedded SW development experience
- Application development experiences for Unix-like OS
- Strong C/C++ programming skills in multithreading environment.
- Experiences with scripting language such as Python, Bash etc
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative to solve problems without explicit directions
- Excellent communication skill
The Software Tooling team in Camera & Photos organization provides various tooling solutions to enable photo/video data collection and asset database management, image quality assessment and tuning, the imaging algorithm development etc. As an engineer working on the Software Tooling team you'll work developing and extending our concurrent tooling solutions, working side-by-side with the world-class engineers that built iPhone’s camera to what it is today, and build new great camera capabilities spanning the universe of Apple devices. Whenever you see a “Shot on iPhone” billboard, you see our work; it could be your work too. Come help make the most popular camera in the world even better. Come make your dent in the universe.
Education & Experience
MS/BS degree in CS/EE or equivalent experience.
- Development experience in multimedia frameworks is a plus
- Experience with image processing is a plus
- Objective-C is a plus