Quantitative user researcher
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
IS&T is not your traditional IT shop. IS&T collaborates with our business partners to deliver world-class solutions powering the most innovative company. We provide the technology to ensure that the company runs on Apple time. The IS&T User Experience team is seeking a quantitative-focused UX Researcher who’ll assess the usability of IS&T’s products. This person will uncover insights into who users are, what they currently experience, and what they truly need. This person will guide product teams in applying the most effective approach for achieving research goals and will help them work together to arrive at actionable user insights.
- 5+ years conducting quantitative user experience research in industry or academia
- Proven track record of leading research and collaborating with other teams to discover insights, identify unmet needs, and craft better products
- Exceptional at empathic listening, perceiving users’ needs, delivering an unbiased view of users, and translating user insights into action items for product teams
- Experienced in quantitative research methods—including survey design and implementation, advocate, set up, and analyze analytics, apply descriptive and interferential statistics (t-test, ANOVA) when appropriate, modeling large datasets
- Experience in creating and executing participant recruitment processes
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for understanding what drives user behavior
- Ability to incorporate proper method of data analysis using programming languages (Python, Matlab, R)
- Awareness about usability, accessibility, and principles of effective design
- Bonus: Experience in performing research on enterprise applications
- Bonus: Some experience in qualitative research methodologies such as interviews, card sorting, usability testing
The quantitative UX Researcher will be well-versed in a range of quantitative research methodologies, experienced in planning and conducting studies, and focused on delivering insights that directly inform product roadmaps. The right candidate will be creative and strategic in approaching research, passionate about helping people, and highly collaborative. Responsibilities include: Collaborating with product teams to define research goals and identify target users Developing a research approach and detailed study plan Creating research materials including screeners, guides, and scripts Communicating with participants to collect data Engaging with product teams throughout research, analysis, and synthesis Communicating findings and recommendations in compelling ways Helping product teams stay focused by advocating for users Contributing strategies, resources, and findings to the UX Research program Guide other teams on how to perform UX Research on their own Mentoring team members around how to best incorporate quantitive methods Help ensure quality of research produced is Apple class
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Information Science,Graphic Design, or Computer Science with an emphasis on UI development is preferred.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. We do not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.