Finance & Intake Analyst, Legal Operations
Austin, Texas, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love taking on big challenges without precedent? Do you possess a deep knowledge of the legal field and a passion for innovation? As a part of our Legal group, you’ll help uphold Apple’s high ethical and corporate standards, as well as defend our intellectual property. You’ll help provide legal support for all our products and businesses across the globe. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be challenged to creatively apply your deep legal expertise to rare and often unexplored aspects of the law. Together with your team, you’ll provide the critical support needed worldwide for all Apple products and businesses. We are looking for a Finance & Intake Analyst.
- Apply independent judgment in the assessment, assignment and recording of Legal Service / Correspondence into the Apple LGS Group.
- Build strong business partnerships with senior leaders in the Legal group. Specifically, with regards to Apple’s Procurement Teams.
- Provide analytical reports for business partners to enable them to manage their caseload, budgets and spend effectively and in accordance with established SOWs.
- Provide critical analysis of Budget submissions in support of the broader goals of managing Legal spend and the development of robust Statements of Work.
- To establish and maintain a performance framework for Vendors and Internal Teams so as to enable success to be measured and managed.
- Support Apple’s Quarterly Legal accrual process – Collection, Review and Analysis.
- As needed, participate, in rotation with Legal Operations Support Specialists, in the assessment and execution of tickets submitted to the Legal Operations helpdesk.
- Work in support of the Legal Operations Manager, e-Billing and Vendor Management in efforts to develop cost reduction improvements through the identification and analysis of problems, effectively scoping of projects and the timely execution of identified solutions.
The size and complexity of Apple’s LGS Group is scaling in line with the Company’s growth. This role will be key in helping deliver excellence in our key operational programs pertaining to billing, budgeting and Legal intake. It will report to the Legal Operations Manager, e-Billing & Vendor Management. - Willingness and ability to operate in a dynamic environment and to assess and mitigate risks to the business. - Experience with / demonstrable knowledge of a multitude of Legal Support Functions – Matter Management, Vendor Management, Discovery and e-Billing. - Strong analytical and critical thinking skills - Superb communication and interpersonal skills - Proficiency in major financial / litigation software packages - including Excel, SAP, Team Connect, Business Objects.
Education & Experience
The ideal candidate will have at least an undergraduate degree with a core Finance / Legal related specialism. A Post Graduate degree is desirable but not critical.