Operations Support Specialist, Legal Operations
Austin, Texas, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love taking on big challenges without precedent? Do you possess a deep knowledge of the legal field and a passion for innovation? As a part of our Legal group, you’ll help uphold Apple’s high ethical and corporate standards, as well as defend our intellectual property. You’ll help provide legal support for all our products and businesses across the globe. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be challenged to creatively apply your deep legal expertise to rare and often unexplored aspects of the law. Together with your team, you’ll provide the critical support needed worldwide for all Apple products and businesses. We are looking for a highly motivated Operations Support Specialist.
- Creating and maintaining business partnerships with peers across the Legal group.
- Assessing and executing work tickets submitted to the Legal Operations Support helpdesk.
- Maintaining (from Intake, Management, Administration and Case Disposition) a Legal Matter Management Electronic System of Record.
- Supporting the Finance and Intake Analyst in the assessment, assignment and recording of Legal Service / Correspondence into the Apple LGS Group.
- Supporting the Finance and Intake Analyst, as needed, in supporting Apple’s Quarterly Legal accrual process – Collection, Review and Analysis.
- Provide advice, support in and on the administration of financial judgements / Settlements – including the submission of Pay Requisitions as needed.
- Provide a 1st Pass assessment and review of invoices submitted to Apple’s Various Legal teams. This will include provide Legal staff with e-Billing and matter management advice, training and support.
- Provide Legal staff with ad hoc general operational support – Including Training or core systems.
- Assist with research, data clean up and special projects as they arise.
- Provide outside counsel billing managers with billing and budgeting support.
The size and complexity of Apple’s LGS Group is scaling in line with the Company’s growth. This role will assist in the supporting our key billing and general operational processes. It will report to the Legal Operations Manager, e-Billing & Vendor Management. 2+ years Legal experience with a demonstrable knowledge of a multitude of Legal Support Functions – Matter Management, Vendor Management, Knowledge Management, Discovery and e-Billing. Willingness and ability to operate in a dynamic environment and to assess and mitigate risks to the business. Analytical skills and attention to detail are critical. Capacity to work under general; supervision as well as collaboratively within a team. Working knowledge of / in various litigation software packages - including Excel, SAP, Team Connect, Business Objects.
Education & Experience
The ideal candidate will have an undergraduate degree – preferably in a finance, business or legal discipline.