Senior Events Coordinator
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. You bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. If you thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment where working with a sense of urgency is the norm, come and do your life’s best work at Apple. In this role, with the Corporate Conference Center team, you will be responsible for coordinating internal meetings and events—ranging from small and simple to large and complex—for Apple employees at our campuses in Santa Clara Valley. This is an employee-facing role with a cross functional focus. You’ll be part of a team that schedules conference rooms, theaters, and social spaces; produces internal events; and provides production services. As a hardworking member of the team, you are creative, take ownership of your projects, and have a collaborative spirit.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a lead role producing or coordinating live events. You should be comfortable wearing many hats and know how to get things done.
- Experience running multiple, concurrent projects. Ability to maintain extraordinary attention to detail while working under tight deadlines. Solid time management skills and follow-through ability.
- Effective communication (written and oral), listening, and collaboration skills. You communicate effectively one-on-one and in large groups. You effortlessly organize information and summarize succinctly.
- Experience creating event site plans using software tools (e.g., Keynote and OmniGraffle).
- You enjoy helping people and have great customer service skills.
- Leadership and presentation skills, with ability to influence across all levels.
- Comfortable navigating through ambiguity while setting objectives and achieving results.
- You see around corners and resolve issues before they become problems.
- Excellent vendor and budget management skills. Ability to negotiate rates and find cost-effective solutions. You are skilled in sourcing audio gear and services, stages, furniture, games, and other event elements.
- Experience obtaining city permits (fire, building, and special events).
- You work well under tight timelines, maintain composure, and exercise good judgement.
You will lead and collaborate with internal customers (Apple employees), Facilities colleagues, cross-functional partners, and third-party vendors throughout the delivery process. You will collaborate with all partners to understand and define the needs of meetings and events while providing high-touch customer service. Maintain a helpful, supportive demeanor and develop strong, trusting relationships. You will act as the Facilities point of contact for large campus events by sharing information and coordinating with Facilities colleagues (EHS, City Permit Support & Relations, Electrical, Landscaping, Janitorial, etc.) and other cross-functional partners. Engage partners early for planning purposes. Create work orders for services. You will build and balance budgets. Cultivate relationships with Finance and Procurement partners to ensure compliant processing of vendor agreements, purchase orders, and invoices. Develop organized, consistent processes and procedures to ensure success and elevate services. Establish expectations and timelines to keep parallel and independent work streams moving simultaneously, seamlessly, and according to plan. Provide constant, efficient updates between all parties, ensuring communication is timely and accurate. Highlight risks or issues that could impact events, solve logistical challenges, and create back-up plans. Expertly navigate challenging conversations related to customer requests for venues and/or resources which may not be available within the requested timeframe. Be resourceful and provide alternate solutions, when available. Remain flexible and prepared for changes to the schedule, including working early mornings, evenings or weekends. Address incoming emails, phone calls, and texts in a timely, efficient manner. Perform other tasks as assigned. Be a great teammate, willing to contribute to the success of any event the team manages and provide support in a variety of roles.
Education & Experience